Publications are the core product of Post Carbon Institute and the means with which we “set the agenda.” From online articles to reports to books, our publications deliver Post Carbon Institute’s message to the world, based on the research and thinking of our Fellows, board, and staff.
Publications are also the most common way our Fellows collaborate with the Institute. We translate the breadth of information produced by our Fellows into interesting and accessible content for lay readers, nestled within a shared Post Carbon Institute messaging framework.
Every year, Post Carbon Institute publishes a number of books and reports, along with dozens of online and print articles and hundreds of blog posts.
Recent books include:
- Power from the People: How to Organize, Finance and Launch Local Energy Projects (2012)
- Local Dollars, Local Sense: How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Acheive Real Prosperity (2012)
- The End of Growth: Adapting to Our New Economic Reality (2011)
- The Post Carbon Reader: Managing the 21st Century's Sustainability Crises (2010)
- Blackout: Coal, Climate, and the Last Energy Crisis (2009)
Recent reports include:
- "Will Natural Gas Fuel America in the 21st Century?"
- Free PDF downloads of Post Carbon Reader chapters
- "Searching for a Miracle: Net Energy Limits and the Fate of Industrial Society"
To see a list of all our most recent articles and blog posts, visit our publications page.