May 8, 2019
Chuck Collins joins Asher, Rob, and Jason in Crazy Town to describe his startling journey from undercover trust fund kid to tireless campaigner for economic equality. Together they examine why Richie Rich, Donald Trump, Scrooge McDuck, and Jeff Bezos keep getting richer (hint: it might have something to do with the rigged economic system). And they discuss what it means to address inequality on a finite planet. Is FDR’s New Deal still the best playbook?
Click here to go back to the Crazy Town home page.
- Inequality.org, a project of the Institute for Policy Studies, has been tracking inequality-related news and views for nearly two decades.
- Bio for Chuck Collins from the Institute for Policy Studies
- Publisher’s page for Chuck’s book, Is Inequality in America Irreversible?
- Publisher’s page for Chuck’s book, Born on Third Base
- Rank of GINI Index by country
- The Spirit Level, a book by Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson, explains why more equal societies almost always do better.
- When Chuck mentioned Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo as the head of Central African Republic, he misspoke. The correct nation is Equatorial Guinea.
- Elysium, the movie that explores inequality through a sci-fi lens
- Two of Richard Heinberg’s popular books, The Party’s Over and The End of Growth
- Douglas Rushkoff’s Team Human podcast