October 6, 2020
Claudine Schneider was the first woman elected from Rhode Island to the U.S. House of Representatives and also the first Republican Representative to serve the state in more than 40 years. She is co-founder of the Republicans for Integrity and is a progressive leader in policies related to climate, energy, environment and ecological economics.
Claudine brings the themes of racial inequality, job development, politics and the environment to this conversation on “What Could Possibly Go Right?, including:
- The Black Lives Matter movement is awakening corporate sensitivities and encouraging change.
- There are well-thought-out ideas available for national police reforms, focussing on strategy, technology and science.
- Job losses can be addressed in part by pursuing opportunities in the renewable energy sector and environmental initiatives, such as creation of power micro-grids and net zero energy buildings.
- Everybody can be an agent of change and needs to remember that as consumers, employees and community members, we can drive positive action.
- Businesses are increasingly recognizing that corporation action has benefits for both profit and social/environmental progress,
- While more people are getting engaged in politics right now, we should continue to educate ourselves and encourage others to register to vote.
About Claudine Schneider
The first woman elected from Rhode Island to the U.S. House of Representatives, Claudine Schneider also was the first Republican Representative to serve the state in more than 40 years.
Claudine Schneider is a progressive leader in policies related to Climate, Energy, Environment and Ecological Economics, with legislative credentials at the forefront of enlightened policies to drive global environmental responsibility while proactively enhancing U.S. competitiveness.
She is a seasoned business professional, with broad experience in both consulting and executive roles and critical expertise in the arenas of corporate responsibility: transparency, diversity, sustainability and philanthropy. Claudine is a dynamic communicator, with extensive experience speaking and writing to diverse audiences worldwide, with the proven ability to convey highly technical concepts to both lay and expert stakeholders.
A visionary strategist, Claudine has a well-established track record as an early-adopter and effective advocate for environmental, economic, business and political trends at the national and international level. She is a responsible world citizen, with a clear commitment to social justice and economic health in the developing world, coupled with the innate ability to build bridges of understanding across cultures.