November 3, 2020
Lynne Twist is the founder of the Soul of Money Institute and author of the best-selling book “The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life.” Over the past 40 years, Lynne has worked with over 100,000 people in 50 countries in the areas of fundraising with integrity, conscious philanthropy, strategic visioning, and having a healthy relationship with money.
She is a co-founder of The Pachamama Alliance — a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture. In addition, Lynne serves on a number of nonprofit boards including the Fetzer Institute, The Institute of Noetic Sciences, Bioneers, Conscious Capitalism, and Women’s Earth Alliance.
Lynne brings a soulful connection to the question of What Could Possibly Go Right? including:
- That we need to move from a “you or me” mindset of scarcity, to a “you AND me” paradigm of enoughness; that our institutions, governance, and even religion are rooted in this scarcity we need to shake off.
- That as in Marianne Williamson’s words, “The rehearsal is over. The curtain is up.”
- That this pandemic is like “a morning sickness, for a civilization that’s pregnant with a new birth of itself.”
- That there are links between our current transition in time, with Baha’i prophecies and predictions by shamans of the Andes and Amazon
- That in every breakdown, there are the seeds of a breakthrough – though they can be hard to find.
- That we are starting to see through a pinhole of awareness, “an aperture that is opening as things fall apart. It gets wider and wider and wider.”
- That we should consider young people as “our elders in universe time” and appreciate the wisdom they bring.
About Lynne Twist
Lynne Twist is the founder of the Soul of Money Institute and author of the best-selling, award-winning book “The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life.”
Over the past 40 years, Lynne has worked with over 100,000 people in 50 countries in the areas of fundraising with integrity, conscious philanthropy, strategic visioning and having a healthy relationship with money. Her clients include: Microsoft, Proctor & Gamble, the International Unity Church, Charles Schwab, United Way, The National Black theater of Harlem, Harvard University, and others.
A sought-after speaker, she has presented for the United Nations Beijing Women’s Conference, State of the World Forum, Synthesis Dialogues with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and the Governor’s Conference on California Women, among others.
A recognized global visionary, Ms. Twist has been an advisor to the Desmond Tutu Foundation, and The Nobel Women’s Initiative. Lynne is the recipient of numerous prestigious honors, including the “Woman of Distinction” award from the United Nations.