April 8, 2020
How much of a stretch is it to compare autoimmune disease to the politics of climate change? Let’s just say your hosts at Crazy Town were able to do it without any need for medical intervention. In this episode, Asher, Rob, and Jason examine how both ends of the political spectrum are getting it wrong and propose how you can start a new conversation. And it doesn’t even have to involve your family disease history! Bonus: if you stay to the very end of the episode, you’ll hear a “solution” to the toilet paper hoarding madness of 2020.
- The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association provides statistics and information on autoimmune diseases.
- Famous climate change deniers
- This 2014 article in the European Journal of American Studies covers the ideology of climate change denial.
- The Australian wildfires and the backlash on the prime minister, Scott Morrison
- Morrison’s quote “When it comes to reducing global emissions…”
- Naomi Klein’s book This Changes Everything: Capitalism Vs the Climate
- Transcript of Greta Thunberg’s speech at the 2019 U.N. Climate Action Summit
- Greta Thunberg responds to Meat Loaf.
- New York Times article by Emma Marris, “How to Stop Freaking out and Deal with Climate Change“
- The Sierra Club’s definition of the Green New Deal
- Post Carbon Institute’s analysis of a realistic transition to a renewable-energy economy
- Post Carbon Institute’s webinar: We Need To Talk! How to Have Difficult Conversations about the Climate Crisis
- Think Resilience online course