June 17, 2020
You know you’re in for a bumpy ride when societal institutions start behaving like the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. In one of the most famous comedic movie scenes of all time, the delusional knight believes he can keep fighting (“It’s just a flesh wound.”) as geysers of blood spurt from his severed limbs. Similarly communities, corporations, and entire nations are clamoring for a return to normal after months of corona-induced quarantines, even though business as usual was already chopping the limbs off of planetary life-support systems and unjustly drawing blood from people in need all over the world. In the season finale of Crazy Town during this upside down year of 2020, it’s only fitting that a return to “normal” actually means a return to “crazy.”
Click here to go back to the Crazy Town home page.
- The NFL wants players to suit up in n95 masks.
- Aron Ralston’s harrowing survival story
- Tony Ressler, owner of the Atlanta Hawks, makes a statement about systemic racism.
- Forbes profile of Tony Ressler
- Clips for “normalcy” and “getting back to normal”:
–China Global Television Network
- Black Knight scene from the movie Monty Python and The Holy Grail
- Nature article about how six nations prevented an estimated 62 million cases of COVID-19
- Amsterdam embraces “Doughnut Economics.”
- Andrew Nikiforuk’s article “Normal Is the Problem”
- Rex Weyler’s article “What Can We Do?”